Thursday, September 24, 2009

Remember what is most important...

I bought a little refrigerator magnet the other day. It is one of those little "by the check-out" kind of wee gifties that frequently catch our attention. I bought it just because its message is so perfect for my life right now...

Remember What Is Most Important...


It's not having everything go right;
it's facing whatever goes wrong.
It's not being without fear;
it's having the determination
to go on in spite of it.
Remember that every day ends
and brings a new tomorrow.
Love what you do,
do the best that you can,
and always remember
how much you are loved.
Vicki M. Worsham


Pretty good stuff! It ties in with my reading in 1 Timothy this week where Paul is exhorting those who are called to lead the Church to persevere and live out their callings to the best of their ability. It reminds me that I am asked to not just "do my best" but to present God's best to the people I meet every day.

Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor,
by love, by faith, by integrity. (I Timothy 4)

Now THAT'S really what is most important!

Deb

No comments: